Learn how to build beautiful, dynamic websites using WordPress. We can show you how to build websites without any coding skills required. Just a laptop and a desire for on-line succcess.
Register now for this amazing two day training workshop.
At this two day workshop, you will learn how to build a complete website in WordPress from nothing to a fully implemented website. For further details please view our Course Outline or get in touch.
Start and Finish
- 9:00 coffee and registration and laptop setup
- Start 10am – 12pm
- Lunch 12pm – 1pm
- Class resumes 1pm – 4pm
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop (with wi-fi) as the course is ‘hands-on’
- Attendees get their own WordPress site to learn on during the day and for 1 year after the course
- All attendees get electronic copies of the training materials used throughout the day
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
How to setup WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- How to set up a WordPress website in 15 mins
- Introduction to dashboard
How to publish posts, pages, images and video
- Create and Formatting your posts and pages
- Adding links
- Inserting and embedding media – images, video, audio
- Creating and arranging your menus
How to make your site look great with WordPress Themes
- Themes and how can you use them
- Theme frameworks (e.g Woothemes, Elegant Themes)
How to add functionality to your site with WordPress Plugins
- Overview of plugins
- How to install plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
Search Engine Optimisation
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Use ‘pretty url’s’ that will improve ‘click through’ rates
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- Best practices when linking
How to take advantage of the social web
- Sharing your content on other social networks
- Adding a newsletter
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
- WordPress currently runs more than 66 million websites. Some of those sites include CNN, TechCrunch, Forbes, and many other popular sites that you probably use or see every single day!
- Nearly 20,000 people make money using WordPress every day.
- 20% of the websites in the entire world run thanks to WordPress. WordPress is the biggest site of its kind on the planet.
- More than 19,000 WordPress plugins are available – 19,000!
- WordPress is a completely free to use application built using an open source content management system.
- WordPress beats Joomla and Drupal when it comes to usage.